Thursday, July 28, 2011

This and that Thursday

We moved into our sweet little house 2 years ago (it wasn't so sweet then). I took the before picture the week we moved in to document it's uhhh ummm "flaws" knowing good and well I was going to spit shine her all "peety". I saw the potential through the bushes...was up for the challenge, but I'd be lying if I said I never thought about just setting the whole thing on fire.

After a little blood, a little sweat, a lot of tears, and dirty fingernails we are finally at the after. It's still is a work in progress and I can't wait for all the bushes and vines to grow in, but I can honestly say it's a little diamond in the rough.

Photobucket


New homes are nice and shiny and I may live in one someday (only if I get to build from scratch on my own piece of land on the lake) but i prefer character. I love the mature trees, and chatty neighbors who talk about "what the neighborhood was like decades ago." I love the mixture of old and new...new families, elderly widows, wise forty-something women, and single dads. Our sidewalks that join each house are faded and cracked from scooters and tricycles and years and years of use. (like side walks should be) We cook out in our front yards at least 3 times a week. We pull out the tables and lawn chairs and light citronella candles...let the kids run around in diapers and swimsuits and smear sidewalk chalk on Popsicle stained driveways.

I like it here.

Photobucket


Frogs like us...
A neighbor has a pond and we have a leaky faucet in the backyard that they must mistake for a pond because they dig our house. At night we hear them singin' their little hearts out, and occasionally we'll kiss one just in case there is a prince hiding in there. (she's only allowed to marry a prince...we've had the talk. So kissing frogs are the only kissing that will be acceptable in this house)

Photobucket




A great summer picture eh?




Photobucket


I found the coolest blog with a tutorial for 30 hairstyles in 30 days. This one looked awesome on Alyssa. I wore the "three banded bun" today...gorgeousness.

Photobucket



She drinks milk from her bowl like a big girl.


Photobucket


Our living room camp out was a success. We can scratch it off the list. They must of felt claustrophobic because when I woke up the next morning the tent I painstakingly built was demolished, and only a sea of hodge podge blankets remained.

Photobucket


wishing you a fabulous weekend! Have fun. Stay cool. Don't forget your sunblock!

No comments:

Post a Comment