Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Call me Bob Villa

I built this...
Photobucket


With my own two hands. From a left over grass pallet and some old fence wood my neighbor was going to throw out. Talk about recycling at its best.
Photobucket


She was their best customer.
Photobucket


It was a far cry from our lemonade stand last year where not one car showed up...not one! Meanies!!
Photobucket


My Dad was a carpenter. He would have been so proud of me with a pencil in my ear and a tape measure in my hand. I could hear his voice..."measure twice, cut once",and I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up a little thinking about him while doing this project. I understand his love for the craft now. Woodworking was to him what sewing is for me. To create something from nothing is such a wonderful feeling. Even if i did have all the wrong tools.I only had a jigsaw, hacksaw, a sissy girl hammer, and some left over nails, but that thing is pretty darn sturdy. I see more woodworking for me in the future. Maybe some flower boxes for my front windows...as if I need another hobby. Maybe some like these.



We will see.

In the meantime...success is so sweet!
Photobucket


A whopping 100 glasses of lemonade, and 25.00 to split between 3 girls. They were on cloud nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment