Monday, October 10, 2011

The Story

"The story my kids will tell someday depends on me. I am writing their book, and I want their childhood chapters full of traditions and stories and memories of the comforts of home." — by Kelle Cryderman Hampton

This quote has been ringing in my ears since I heard it a few days ago. That is exactly how I feel as a mom. Somewhere deep within my soul I feel like if I can cram enough good inside their precious childhoods I'll be able to give them a wonderful life. I truly believe that your childhood sets the tone for the rest of your life. It's where you learn to be moral, compassionate, a mother or father, a husband or wife. It's where the foundation is laid, and the house is built. I pray that their stories are magical ones. Full of sticky popcorn balls, and the smell of pumpkin bread wafting through our house in the fall. I hope they paint jack-o-lanterns on their teenage toesies, and remember the woody smell of the itchy hay ride where we clung together tightly careful not to bounce out of the side. This book I'm writing is such a special one. I don't get a reprint. So everyday I'm allowed to be with them I accept as a gift, and although I don't always succeed at making it the best one. I try.
Hope you are making some fall memories...we are!



Photobucket
Daddy stealing popcorn balls,pumpkin decorating,mini piggy braids,hay ride, jack-0-lantern mani,rhinestone pumpkins, never too big for a kitchen sink bath.




No comments:

Post a Comment