Sunday, September 11, 2011

The big sister secret

There is this big sister secret. Only big sisters know about it, and although they hate it sometimes...it comes with it's perks.

We secretly LOVE to be needed.

I love my sister dearly. She's my best friend in the world. I don't know what I'd do without her. I love to teach her things,give her advice, spoil her babies, and most of all I love for her to "need" me. So when I see these two interact it fills my heart with the most indescribable joy.
I get their relationship, and I feel so blessed to be able to witness their sisterhood.

She is the best of the best of big sisters. She hardly complains. She usually is not the one to start an argument (they almost never fight). She is a giver, and has no problem sharing her money, or food, or time, but what gets me the most is she loves that her little sisters need her. In the past few weeks she has done some amazing big sister-ing.
The pictures speak for themselves:

Photobucket


Photobucket


I desperately (call me crazy) wanted a third girl.I just knew the dynamic of a trio of sisters was going to be so fun to watch. I'll never forget leaving my friends baby shower with only the littlest in tow and turning around to ask her mother whom also has three girls if she had any advice for me... she said, "enjoy your life" "they will always be there to take care of you". It still makes me smile.

Enjoying my life indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment